Thursday 10 January 2013

Detroit Church Holds "Brokeback" Ordination Service for Deacons, as Pastor Mounts Two Deacons in Front of Congregation




Detroit Church Holds "Brokeback" Ordination Service for Deacons, as Pastor Mounts Two Deacons in Front of Congregation


Once again, I have to say, "Now I've seen everything", when it comes to pastoral nonsense in the church.


We now have the first "Brokeback Mountain" deacon ordination service, where pastor Wayne Jackson lays two deacons on the floor at the front of the church, covers them both with a thin sheet, and then proceeds to mount them both and place his crotch area on their buttocks while he shakes and jiggles. If you think I'm exaggerating, slide to the 4:45 mark of the video below.


Good thing the pastor was wearing a large, loose robe. And how long before he ordains women deacons in this fashion?


All the while, the choir sings over and over and over again "I give myself away, I give myself away, so you can use me." Appropriate chant, as the two men indeed gave away their manhood and dignity, while the pastor was using them.


Not surprisingly, the congregation found this sordid act all very spiritual and moving as they swayed with hands raised high and singing the chant "I give myself away"...if only they all could be mounted by the pastor.


And this blogger spent 1000+ words analyzing the Bible to see if there was something wrong with this Brokeback Mountain ritual, and concludes:

"...Bishop Jackson was in error. The fact is that there is no history of this type of event among Christians."


Gee, you think? I thought maybe sometime in the past 2000 years there were pastors laying flat on top of grown men and gyrating. I'm glad the blogger cleared that up for us that the good bishop was "in error". I don't need to consult the bible to know better than to let a grown man lay on top of me - pastor or no pastor.


This is where fundamentalism is ultimately going: the pastor is the man of God, he is appointed by God into his position, and thus lay people just have to trust God that what the man of God is doing and saying is right and proper; even if the man of God is simulating masturbation in front of teens, mounting his deacons at their ordination, asking for church members' checking account numbers, or telling them that God might be prone to killing non-tithers.


At this point, anything goes. And as the sane people leave fundamentalism, a greater concentration of loonies will be left, and the pastoral behavior will be more and more off the charts as time goes by.