Tuesday 22 March 2011

Formidable Walls

Formidable Walls

Bro.Danny MacDowell

You have entered into that great walled City of your own volition. Ignorantly perhaps, but no one forced your captivity. You have eaten most gratefully from your master's table, but your master is not Christ. The stones of that walled city are the doctrines and celebrations of men and the organizations that have lain them securely in place----stone upon stone, doctrine upon doctrine, but these builders have walled the city from the inside outward. They have built gates that swing but one way so that you may easily enter but escape is difficult. The only escape for you is to DIG THROUGH the wall. You stand on one side of the wall, but the Word of God and the doctrines of the Apostles are waiting for you outside the wall. It is far more comfortable for you INSIDE the wall. You are not tempted to dig through the wall because every man must dig through alone, and upon reaching the other side, you must STAND alone. The watchmen of the wall will beckon you to return----some will succumb to their beckoning because their knees quake at the prospect of the wilderness they must now traverse. If you find your way to that great road map called the New Testament, you will be fully equipped for the journey. From time to time you will be tempted to return for Babylon and Egypt will not give up easily.
Some of you have become prisoners of your denominations and organizations. You are willful captives. You well deserve your fate. Some of you are confused and questioning your residence. It seems comfortable in its familiarity, but something is not right. Dogmas and constraints seem beyond your ability to conform. You struggle constantly against that which you know is true about your walled city. This is a WORD FROM THE LORD for Y-O-U!


Ezek 12:1-7
12:1 The word of the LORD came to me: 2 "Son of man, you are living among a rebellious people. They have eyes to see but do not see and ears to hear but do not hear, for they are a rebellious people.

3 "Therefore, son of man, pack your belongings for exile and in the daytime, as they watch, set out and go from where you are to another place. Perhaps they will understand, though they are a rebellious house. 4 During the daytime, while they watch, bring out your belongings packed for exile. Then in the evening, while they are watching, go out like those who go into exile. 5 While they watch, dig through the wall and take your belongings out through it. 6 Put them on your shoulder as they are watching and carry them out at dusk. Cover your face so that you cannot see the land, for I have made you a sign to the house of Israel."

7 So I did as I was commanded. During the day I brought out my things packed for exile. Then in the evening I dug through the wall with my hands. I took my belongings out at dusk, carrying them on my shoulders while they watched.


If you willfully remain in that city, you will perish with the city. If you go out as if into captivity, God will see you through the wilderness and Jordan will soon appear. The Word of God is freedom and Christ ONLY is the great Bishop of your soul. If you hold MEN and their ORGANIZATIONS in higher esteem that God's words, then STAY IN THE CITY OF WHICH YOU GREATLY DESERVE. If you are hungry for purity-----GRAB YOUR PICK AND SHOVEL! You have some digging to do.

2 Cor 11:23-12:1
I am more. I have worked much harder, been in prison more frequently, been flogged more severely, and been exposed to death again and again. 24 Five times I received from the Jews the forty lashes minus one. 25 Three times I was beaten with rods, once I was stoned, three times I was shipwrecked, I spent a night and a day in the open sea, 26 I have been constantly on the move. I have been in danger from rivers, in danger from bandits, in danger from my own countrymen, in danger from Gentiles; in danger in the city, in danger in the country, in danger at sea; and in danger from false brothers. 27 I have labored and toiled and have often gone without sleep; I have known hunger and thirst and have often gone without food; I have been cold and naked. 28 Besides everything else, I face daily the pressure of my concern for all the churches. 29 Who is weak, and I do not feel weak? Who is led into sin, and I do not inwardly burn?

30 If I must boast, I will boast of the things that show my weakness. 31 The God and Father of the Lord Jesus, who is to be praised forever, knows that I am not lying. 32 In Damascus the governor under King Aretas had the city of the Damascenes guarded in order to arrest me. 33 But I was lowered in a basket from a window in the wall and slipped through his hands.


Do your leaders look like this man? Do they perceive themselves as SERVANTS, or do they encumber the Saints with burdens difficult to bare? Do they travel exhaustively to minister to God's elect, or do they require rigorous duty of the Saints? Do they hold the saints up in prayer, or must the saints adorn their walls with the images and doctrines of false teachers and false prophets? It is sickening to even ask----WHOS MAN ARE YOU?