Saturday 19 May 2007

BENNY HINN:GOSPEL OF HEALING IS ABOVE ALL GOSPELS

Thousands attend Hinn prayer rally

http://www.sundayvision.co.ug/detail.php?mainNewsCategoryId=7&newsCategoryId=123&newsId=565963


By Fred Ouma
and Moses Mulondo

THERE was none of the usual violence associated with soccer hooliganism. Instead it was joy and harmony, as thousands descended on Namboole National Stadium, to take part in world-famous evangelist Benny Hinn’s crusade.

Hinn is on a two-day crusade at the invitation of First Lady Janet Museveni. Parents and their children, big politicians and pastors mixed freely.

There was drama when Hinn instructed everybody to sit down. Enthusiastically, the policemen near the podium took the front seats to listen to the gospel.

In his sermon, Hinn urged all pastors to always make praying for the sick a number one priority, arguing that is what salvation is all about. He said the gospel of healing is above all gospels because it manifests the presence and love of God in reality.

Various people Sunday Vision contacted, said that the crusade re-activated the faith of the Christians who turned up in their tens of thousands.

“This crusade has taken me to higher level in faith. What I have seen, what I have heard, and what I have received has re-energised me spiritually,” said William Kyagulanyi from Kawuku.

“I have seen with my eyes extraordinary miracles which I only used to read in the Bible about Jesus. With my eyes, I have seen the lame walk, the deaf hear, and the blind receive sight. This is what I had come to witness,” said a joyful Luke Onen.

Published on: Saturday, 19th May, 2007